2020 - Strategic Operations Consultant – Focus: AnalyticsFull-timeEuropeBerlin, Dusseldorf, Munich, Vienna
Kearney is a global management consultancy with a team of forward-thinking and collaborative experts who deliver immediate, meaningful results and a long-term transformational advantage to our clients.
What You Can Expect
You will have a career track building on your technical capabilities and will be able to grow into adjacent areas or deepen your knowledge in your current area(s) of expertise, as well as learn the ropes of general management consulting. You will undergo a deep, quick, varied and thrilling learning experience. We are looking for innovative, creative, deeply analytical and technical, passionate professionals able to:
- Analyze, manipulate, integrate, cleanse and validate data from a variety of data sources and platforms
- Model businesses, markets and operations to gain actionable insights on how to improve our clients’ competitiveness
- Use analytics platforms for decision-making as well as bespoke analytical techniques and algorithms to optimize operational performance or solve our specific client challenges
- Work collaboratively with our clients and other project members of our project team to engage at multiple levels in the organization to ensure buy-in, prototype solutions and enable capability building
- Help our clients implement, transfer ownership and scale solutions on clients’ premises
- Help prepare reports and PowerPoint presentations for project updates
- Present work to internal and client teams
- Support the further development and innovation of our emerging analytics platforms across multiple clients
What We Seek
- At least a Master´s Degree with outstanding academic record, preferably in a quantitative discipline such as Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, Econometrics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Physics, Statistics or Supply Chain
- Proven experience in analyzing data and creating analytical solutions to solve scientific and/ or business problems
- Strong team spirit, well-structured with good organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Broad and advanced experience using spreadsheet applications e.g. Microsoft Excel, VBA
- Proven hands-on and in-depth experience in at least one of the following areas (preferably two or more):
- Proven experience in managing large sets of data with databases such as MSSQL
- Python (Scikit-learn, SciPy, NumPy, Pandas) and / or R (Tidyverse, Stan, Shiny)
- Visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI)
- Big data with experience in handling large and heterogeneous sets of data using Hadoop or Spark as well as heterogeneous data processing from unstructured sources
- Statistical methods/machine learning, e.g. regression, classification, regularization, Bayesian inference, causal inference, etc.
- Optimization tools (e.g. AIMMS, GAMs, Supply Chain Guru), solvers (e.g. CPLEX, Gurobi) as well as the underlying algorithms
- Simulation tools (e.g. Anylogic, ARENA)
- Web-crawling and digital customer analytics platforms for market and internet analysis incl. surveying, sentiment analysis, profiling and segmentation, clickstreaming, etc.
- (Deep) Neural Networks and Natural Language Processing (NLP) and the underling mathematical concepts (SGD, reinforcement learning, LDA and topic models)
- AI platforms/tools, e.g. experience using Keras and/or TensorFlow
- Interfaces with external data sources like IoT, M2M, APIs, Internet analytics platforms and Mobile App providers
- Interfaces with large enterprise systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, JDA) in the usage of functional SW modules and/or base data
- Specific functional area in business with deep analytics skills in this specific area (e.g. digital marketing, advanced supply chain planning)
- Fluency in German and English is a must
What We Offer
You can expect project assignments in international locations, working in diverse and dynamic teams both internally and at clients’ sites. We support you to rapidly enhance your skills with constant exposure to new industries and projects. Extensive training and career development opportunities are offered in our national and international offices. We are typically based at our clients’ sites Monday to Thursday therefore depending on the location this may involve up to 80% travel.
We currently have vacancies in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Munich and Vienna.
How to Apply
If you are attracted by this interesting and challenging opening, please submit your: CV, cover letter, university diplomas and school leaving certificate including transcripts using the Apply button.
+49 211 1377 2745
Fluent german language skills