2021 - Technical Lead, Back-End Platforms (MERCURY)Full-timeAtlanta
Who are we
As a global consulting partnership in more than 40 countries, our people make us who we are. We’re individuals who take as much joy from those we work with as the work itself. Driven to be the difference between a big idea and making it happen, we help our clients break through.
Kearney is building a new and exciting global software organization that will make software technologies and software products a vital part of our value propositions to our clients. This first of its kind initiative, called MERCURY, aims to solve complex network optimization problems. One such problem is the real-time allocation of assets to freight in a large transportation network to increase asset utilization, on-time delivery and overall fleet productivity. The career opportunities will range from leading innovative projects and doing advanced software algorithms research and development for our core clients to building entirely new software platforms started on the IP foundation we are accumulating.
The MERCURY team is rapidly growing and is looking for a Technical Lead of Back-End Platforms to join the team. This is one of three initial leadership roles that will play a critical role in the development of a portfolio of products focused on the optimization of complex transportation network. These products will have a significant transformative impact for our clients and the industries we serve. As MERCURY is a new talent group within Kearney, this position will also play an instrumental role in growing the team.
The Technical Lead of Back-End Platforms will assume the architecture, design and development responsibilities for all back-end systems, microservices, databases and APIs.
- Planning, estimation, requirement analysis, and execution oversight for all back-end platform development work
- Design clear, elegant APIs to be consumed by other layers of the solution
- Develop and communicate detailed technical requirements for a graph database including schema design, queries and APIs
- Handling coding works or major / complex parts of assigned projects and providing coding help and supervision to team members.
- Maintaining code / design quality as per set guideline and standards
- Testing of completed tasks in ongoing projects
- Apply test driven development techniques in developing and maintaining the solution
- Remove technical impediments
- Focusing the team to ensure an on-time delivery of the agreed tasks
- Reporting progress to the Director of Software Engineering
- Facilitating code / design reuse and efficient open source code integration
- Training and mentoring of team members
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of experience developing complex software projects, algorithm design and microservices
- 5+ years in a lead position overseeing teams of 10+ software engineers responsible for the life cycle development of complex software systems
- Education and/or experience in developing advanced algorithms and proven experience in creating novel solutions
- Proven experience in bringing to production complex algorithms that deal with real-time or near real-time optimization
- Demonstrated ability to find creative ways to assemble open source solutions with custom made code into cost effective software solutions
- Deep understanding of design, development and deployment of micro services-based systems
- Experience with complex backend database systems including graph databases (e.g., TigerGraph, Neo4J)
- Software Skills. Java, PHP, MySQL, SQL, GSQL, C++, Python, Node.js
- Cloud. AWS
- DevOps. Azure DevOps, TDD, BDD
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, computer architecture, information technology and systems, or other appropriate technical subject from a top tier university
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and joyful to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. That’s why, Kearney is committed to building a diverse, unbiased and inclusive workforce. Kearney is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in consulting are encouraged to apply.