2021 - Alumni ContractorContractorAmericasChicago
As one of the original firms, we’ve never lost sight of the fact that consulting is a people business. A global partnership in more than 40 countries, our people make us who we are. We’re individuals with different passions and strengths who take as much joy in the work we do as from those we work with.
About the job
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Communications & Alumni, the Alumni Contractor will support alumni engagement programs. To succeed in this role, you will need to have superior writing skills, effective communication skills and an analytical mindset. You will need to be inventive, clever, open to sharing creative ideas and proactively suggest new strategies. Attention to detail and consistency is a must. This position is based in Chicago, but remote applicants will be considered.
- Support the firm’s global alumni engagement strategy, in conjunction with local offices with a focus on the Americas region
- Ensure consistent email communication to global alumni via monthly emails, enewsletters, and event invitations using the Vuture platform
- Oversee the global alumni profile series
- Launch the alumni circle pilot program with support for the first virtual meeting (focus in the Americas)
- Oversee the reinvigoration of the jobs board
- Lead social media strategy and digital engagement to enhance awareness of alumni benefits and programs i.e. LinkedIn alumni group, alumni profiles, event features, content sharing on event website, etc.
- Work with the India data team to maintain data management program—including website maintenance, new registrations, and Jobs Board postings
- Support Worldwide Kearney Week planning and lead post-event wrap-up (thank you, event wrap-up materials, and post-event promotion)
- Organize Americas alumni events, with proactive opportunities
- Promote global events via internal and external channels
- Track and report on impact of events
- Coordinate and communicate with global alumni leads
- Support data and relationship mapping requests from Kearney leads and partners
- Work with local teams to incorporate alumni into employee onboarding and offboarding
- Manage the delivery of global recruiting design requests
- Ensure global recruiting materials are up-to-date on the firm’s intranet
- Liaise with global recruiting colleagues on current needs and requests for local recruiters
- Bachelor’s Degree program focused in Business/Marketing/Communications/English/Literature
- Five years of experience in alumni relations, business development, or equivalent function
- Experience in/understanding of business development, relationship building, event management, and program development
- Ability to conduct research and synthesize the findings for distribution
- Ability to think strategically and apply given strategy and/or common business knowledge to recommendations and rationale
- Ability to execute with thought and attention to detail, with managerial direction (versus dictation)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel), CRM tools and major social media tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels and collaboratively in team environments across multiple functions
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and joyful to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. That’s why, Kearney is committed to building a diverse, unbiased and inclusive workforce. Kearney is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in consulting are encouraged to apply.