2020/21 – Transformation and Restructuring Associate / ManagerFull-timeEuropeBerlin, Dusseldorf, Munich, Vienna, Zurich
With over 60 offices in more than 40 countries, Kearney is one of the leading management consulting firms worldwide. Led by a strong Global Partnership, our employees make us who we are. Our clients include many Fortune 500, DAX, private equity investors, and medium-sized global players. We are individuals who take as much joy from those we work with as the work itself. Driven to be the difference between a big idea and making it happen, we help our clients break through.
Strategic Transformation is in our DNA at Kearney. We've been working in this field for 90 years. Kearney's approach to transformation is truly distinctive: We don't slash and burn, we lock arms with top management to build a sustainable competitive advantage. We focus on large-scale, international strategic transformations, complex turnaround and restructuring projects. Our key focus areas are strategic realignment, rightsizing organizations, designing new operating models, managing working capital, developing holistic concepts for measures and their implementation, carve-out management and developing business plans. By applying our holistic, total value approach to the transformation of an organization, we unlock change from within.
Our Strategic Transformation Services team is focusing on precisely these subjects.
Are these topics yours? Then be part of our team.
What you can expect
· Top Management exposure at CXO level and high exposure to senior business stakeholders
· Work on international projects in a highly innovative, digital, and passionate environment
· Development and execution of turnaround strategies for companies and installation of a new operating model
· Identification and realization of effective cost-saving measures
· Development of integrated financial models and short-term liquidity plans
· Forcing of the process by leading a Transformation Office
· Refinancing strategies and working capital management
· Design and implementation of a holistic change plan for each phase of the transformation
· Involvement in crisis-related transactions (value-creation programs, carve-out management)
· Responsibility for your own workstream (on Associate level) or the role of responsible project lead (on Manager level) for a large-scale transformation or turnaround project.
· A buddy, mentor and training program to support you at each of your career levels
· Benefit from our sabbatical programs to pursue private targets (e.g. world travel, doctoral thesis for Associates)
· Take advantage of our flexible mobility package as add-on to your compensation
What we seek
· A master’s or diploma degree from a leading university, preferably business administration, economics, engineering or law with top academic results
· Relevant professional experience (2 up to 6 years), preferably as a management consultant, M&A advisor, private equity investor or in an in-house consulting role. Preferably with background in one or several of the following industries: automotive, industrials, consumer products & retail, telecommunication & media
· A deep understanding of large-scale transformation, turnaround management, strategy development and cost cutting
· An innovative and collaborative approach to problem-solving combined with strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
· Excellent project management and organizational capabilities
· Comfortable working in a team-based environment proven in international teams with multiple cultural backgrounds
· Eagerness to collaborate, coach, mentor, and help others grow professionally
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at senior management
· Fluency in written and spoken German and English; other languages are an advantage
Equal Employment Opportunity and Nondiscrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and happy to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. Kearney aims to build diverse capabilities to help our clients solve their most mission-critical problems.
fluent german language sills