2021 - Software Engineer (Hoptek Inc.)Full-timeAmericasAtlanta
Who are we
As a global consulting partnership in more than 40 countries, our people make us who we are. We’re individuals who take as much joy from those we work with as the work itself. Driven to be the difference between a big idea and making it happen, we help our clients break through.
Kearney is building a new and exciting global software organization that will make software technologies and software products a vital part of our value propositions to our clients. This first of its kind initiative, called Hoptek Inc., aims to solve complex network optimization problems. One such problem is the real-time allocation of assets to freight in a large transportation network to increase asset utilization, on-time delivery and overall fleet productivity. The career opportunities will range from leading innovative projects and doing advanced software algorithms research and development for our core clients to building entirely new software platforms started on the IP foundation we are accumulating.
Hoptek Inc. Software Engineers will be full-stack developers contributing to the design and development of complex back-end systems, microservices, databases, APIs, web and mobile applications.
- Design clear, elegant APIs to be consumed by other layers of the solution
- Develop and communicate detailed technical requirements for all development work
- Database design and detailed technical requirements to support product development
- Wireframing, layout design and prototyping
- Handling coding works or major / complex parts of assigned projects and providing coding help to peers
- Maintaining code / design quality as per set guideline and standards
- Testing of completed tasks in ongoing projects
- Apply test driven development techniques in developing and maintaining the solution
- Remove technical impediments
- Facilitating code / design reuse and efficient open-source code integration
- Reporting progress to Technical Lead and Director of Software Engineering
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of experience developing complex software projects, algorithm design and microservices
- 2+ years of experience in life cycle development of complex software systems
- Education and/or experience in developing advanced algorithms and proven experience in creating novel solutions
- Ability to find creative ways to assemble open-source solutions with custom made code into cost effective software solutions
- Experience in design, development and deployment of micro services-based systems
- Experience in design and development of front-end systems
- Experience with relational and graph databases (e.g., TigerGraph, Neo4J)
- Cloud. AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean
- DevOps. Azure DevOps, TDD, BDD
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, computer architecture, information technology and systems, or other appropriate technical subject from a top tier university
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and joyful to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. That’s why, Kearney is committed to building a diverse, unbiased and inclusive workforce. Kearney is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in consulting are encouraged to apply.