2021 - Lead DevOps Engineer (MERCURY)Full-timeAmericasAtlanta
Who are we
As a global consulting partnership in more than 40 countries, our people make us who we are. We’re individuals who take as much joy from those we work with as the work itself. Driven to be the difference between a big idea and making it happen, we help our clients break through.
Kearney is building a new and exciting global software organization that will make software technologies and software products a vital part of our value propositions to our clients. This first of its kind initiative, called MERCURY, aims to solve complex network optimization problems. One such problem is the real-time allocation of assets to freight in a large transportation network to increase asset utilization, on-time delivery and overall fleet productivity. The career opportunities will range from leading innovative projects and doing advanced software algorithms research and development for our core clients to building entirely new software platforms started on the IP foundation we are accumulating.
The MERCURY team is rapidly growing and is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to join the team. This is one of three initial leadership roles that will play a critical role in the development of a portfolio of products focused on the optimization of complex transportation network. These products will have a significant transformative impact for our clients and the industries we serve. As MERCURY is a new talent group within Kearney, this position will also play an instrumental role in growing the team.
The Lead DevOps Engineer assumes overall operation responsibilities for the software engineering group. This involves the implementation, management and maintenance of the software development environment and tool chain to take software development efforts from concept to production. The position is accountable to ensure that the best practice DevOps are in place and that the overall organization reaches the best possible level of productivity and quality.
- Own the DevOps processes, tool chain, and implementation of best practices including design, requirement capture, coding, testing, code management, deployment and maintenance
- Create overall DevOps performance dashboard applied across all project teams
- Assist engineering director in planning execution to balance availability of resources with project priorities
- Participate in the Agile software planning and implementation cycle for the project
- Own and manage overall software assets
- Design and implement DevOps automation evaluating and leveraging the right tools
- Assist the infrastructure team to ensure that all environments are place to support the software development needs
- Measure overall productivity, defects, cycle time and assume responsibility for continuous monitoring
- Integrate 3rd party developers in India into the DevOps process
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ of experience across a variety of complex software product development efforts including SaaS type of applications
- 3+ years in a DevOps leadership position
- Practical experience in various type of agile development projects
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in setting up and administrating an Azure DevOps environment
- Experience providing and maintaining cloud-based SaaS infrastructure on AWS
- Knowledge of network architectures, security, and troubleshooting of connectivity or latency issues
- Experience with Container or Serverless Lambda Architectures
- Experience managing the development and deployment of complex open source CMS Joomla-based sites
- Cloud. AWS
- DevOps. Azure DevOps and related solution for requirements management, productivity management, testing, CI/CD, etc.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, computer architecture, information technology and systems, or other appropriate technical subject from a top tier university
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and joyful to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. That’s why, Kearney is committed to building a diverse, unbiased and inclusive workforce. Kearney is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in consulting are encouraged to apply.