2021/22 - Business Analyst - ZAFFull-timeMiddle East & AfricaJohannesburg
As a Business Analyst, you are able to contribute immediately as a full member of the client team, where you are expected to contribute ideas, opinions and new information. Working with experienced consultants, Business Analysts develop models, perform complex analyses, and work on research assignments at both the office and client sites. Analysts often travel while on assignments, undertaking a broad range of activities while gaining exposure to the business world. They may also participate in marketing activities and the preparation of proposals for new engagement opportunities.
What You Can Expect
- Individual and inclusive to our core. As a business analyst, you will receive full and ready access to our firm’s best talent to help you learn, develop and make your mark.
- Personal and practical. You will work alongside colleagues who will help you grow as you help our clients solve their most important issues – that’s just our style.
- We’re big enough to have it covered, small enough to really care. This holds true for both you and our clients. You will be able to make an impact and develop your potential from day one within a professional environment and culture that actively fosters the following:
Personal development. At Kearney, we encourage you to be yourself, and we give you the freedom to contribute creatively while you also learn, develop and make your mark. The rich, diverse backgrounds of our consultants have a direct impact on what our teams accomplish every day—a dynamic that has defined our culture for more than 90 years. Together, we work on stimulating projects that produce powerful, transformative results for clients, both now and in the long term.
Entrepreneurial approach. The Kearney business analyst role is an outstanding introduction to the discipline of management consulting. No two client engagements are alike, and we are committed to providing you with a hands-on experience that will have a positive impact on the rest of your career. As a business analyst, you will work alongside our clients, rather than working on projects from a distance. Typical responsibilities include engaging with clients through in-depth interviews, model development, complex analyses, and research assignments, while working on client sites across a wide range of industries and locations.
Supportive environment. Training is a crucial component of your introduction to the firm. As a business analyst, you will attend training programs where you learn essential concepts and methodologies that are crucial to management consulting. A variety of opportunities, often led by our own best and brightest consultants, will expand your consulting knowledge and allow you to explore new areas of interest. Our training approach also lets you meet and network with colleagues from across the region for an enriching experience. Because we take a tailored approach to performance management and career advancement, your role grows as rapidly as your performance warrants. You will benefit from our global scale and capability, as well as from the speed and nimbleness of our close-knit teams. Top-performing consultants who have been with the firm for at least two years and who are committed to returning to the firm are eligible for tuition support from the Kearney Scholars’ Program.
What We Seek
We are looking for talented problem-solvers who are ready to integrate as full members of the client team. Business analysts are expected to contribute ideas, opinions, and new information. The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree or non-MBA advanced degree in business, engineering, or the liberal arts
- Proven success in a rigorous environment such as consulting, Global 500, or Fortune 500 companies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Forward-thinking and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good command of the English language
Applications are open from 11 January 2021 – 10
- Any undergrad/postgrad
- 1st Class – 2nd Class Upper (C+ - A+ Average)
- No more than 2 fails
- 0-1yrs Formal experience
- 1-page CV
- Cover Letter
- Copy of ID or Passport
- All academic transcripts including Senior Certificate or equivalent