2022 - Business AnalystFull-timeAsia PacificMelbourne, Sydney
Kearney is a leading global management consulting firm with offices in more than 40 countries. Since 1926, we have been trusted advisors to the world's foremost organizations. Kearney is a partner-owned firm, committed to helping clients achieve success.
Kearney Strategic Operations, a specialist unit within Kearney, focus on Procurement and Supply Chain, helping companies move to a sustainably lower cost base, transform their supply management practices, adopt innovative operating models, and understand how collaboration technology can be used to achieve strategic objectives.
What You Can Expect
- We work in a collegial way. As a Business Analyst, you will receive full and ready access to our firm’s best talent to help you quickly achieve your full potential.
- We value collaboration. You will work alongside team members who will help you grow as you help our clients solve their most important issues.
- We promise immediate impact and growing advantage. That promise holds true for both you and our clients. You will be able to make an impact and develop your potential from day one within a professional environment and culture that actively fosters the following:
Personal development. At Kearney, we encourage you to be yourself, and we give you the freedom to contribute creatively while you also pursue your passions. The rich, diverse backgrounds of our consultants have a direct impact on what our teams accomplish every day—a dynamic that has defined our culture for nearly 90 years. Together, we work on stimulating projects that produce powerful, transformative results for clients, both now and in the long term.
Entrepreneurial approach. The Kearney Business Analyst role is an outstanding introduction to the discipline of management consulting. No two client engagements are alike, and we are committed to providing you with a hands-on experience that will have a positive impact on the rest of your career. As a Business Analyst, you will work alongside our clients, rather than working on projects from a distance. Typical responsibilities include engaging with clients through in-depth interviews, model development, complex analyses, and research assignments, while working on client sites across a wide range of industries and locations.
Supportive environment. Training is a crucial component of your introduction to the firm. As a Business Analyst, you will attend training programs where you learn essential concepts and methodologies that are crucial to management consulting. A variety of opportunities, often led by our own best and brightest consultants from managers to partners, will expand your consulting knowledge and allow you to explore new areas of interest. Our training approach also lets you meet and network with colleagues from across the region for an enriching experience. Because we take a tailored approach to performance management and career advancement, your role grows as rapidly as your performance warrants. You will benefit from our global scale and capability, as well as from the speed and nimbleness of our close-knit teams. Top-performing consultants who have been with the firm for at least two years and who are committed to returning to the firm are eligible for tuition support from the Kearney Scholars’ Program.
What We Seek
There is no standard model for Kearney Business Analysts. We are looking for talented problem-solvers who are ready to integrate as a full member of the client team. Business Analysts are expected to contribute ideas, opinions, and new information. For this role, the following qualifications are preferred, but not obligatory.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or non-MBA advanced degree within the fields of business, engineering, or liberal arts;
- Proven success in a rigorous environment such as consulting, Global 500, or Fortune 500 companies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities;
- Forward-thinking and collaborative approach to problem-solving; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Those looking to join can apply for a generalist Management Consultant role or a Specialist role within our Solutions practice:
- As a Business Analyst, you are a generalist consultant who will work across all industries and functions. This is the typical path for those looking to begin their careers as a Consultant
- As a Solutions Analyst, you are typically a specialist consultant focused on supply management services and/or the application of mathematics to solve complex problems
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, CV and transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable) via our website. For cover letters, please address to the “Kearney Recruitment Team ANZ”.
Please specify in your application which role (generalist or specialist) and office (Sydney or Melbourne) you wish to apply for.
Applications will close on Thursday, 4th March 2021 at 11:59pm AEDT. No late applications will be accepted. Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
First round interviews will be held on Wednesday, 10 March 2021 and Thursday, 11 March 2021 in either our Sydney or Melbourne office. Option to do these virtually.
Final rounds will be held on Monday, 15th March 2021 and Tuesday 16th March 2021 in either our Sydney or Melbourne office. Option to do these virtually. Successful candidates will be invited to a conversion event on Thursday, 18 March 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-discrimination
Kearney has long recognized the value that diversity brings to our business and the clients we serve. Our goal is to create a climate of opportunity, innovation, and success within Kearney that capitalizes on the professional and personal diversity of our workforce. For these reasons, we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or genetic information consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices.