2020 - Summer Associate - INSEAD 20DFull-timeAsia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & AfricaAbu Dhabi, Bangkok, Beijing, Bogota, Dubai, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Mexico City, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo
What You Can Expect
- Individual and inclusive to our core. As a summer associate, you will receive full and ready access to our firm’s best talent to help you learn, develop and make your mark.
- Personal and practical. You will work alongside colleagues who will help you grow as you help our clients solve their most important issues – that’s just our style.
- We’re big enough to have it covered, small enough to really care. This holds true for both you and our clients. You will be able to make an impact and develop your potential from day one within a professional environment and culture that actively fosters the following:
Personal development. At Kearney, we encourage you to be yourself, and we give you the freedom to contribute creatively while you also learn, develop and make your mark. The rich, diverse backgrounds of our consultants have a direct impact on what our teams accomplish every day—a dynamic that has defined our culture for more than 90 years. Together, we work on stimulating projects that produce powerful, transformative results for clients, both now and in the long term.
Entrepreneurial approach. No two client engagements are alike, and we are committed to providing you with a challenging and rewarding summer experience. Typical responsibilities include engaging with clients through in-depth interviews, recommending and implementing actions that you create with colleagues, and writing proposals. We will nurture your entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on experience that will positively influence the rest of your career. Summer associates travel while on assignment to work side by side with our clients.
Supportive environment. Training and mentorship are crucial components of your introduction to the firm. Our summer program is typically 8-10 weeks and begins with an orientation to your local office, followed by training where you will learn tools and methodologies required for success in management consulting. You will work with a mentor, who will engage with your project manager and offer support and guidance throughout the program. Midterm reviews will provide you with tailored, practical feedback in line with your professional and personal development goals.
What We Seek
There is no standard model for Kearney summer associates. We are looking for talented problem solvers who are ready to integrate as active members of a client team. The following qualifications are preferred:
- Enrollment in a competitive MBA program
- Proven record of academic excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Forward-thinking and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Self-directed with the ability to operate in ambiguity and to learn quickly
- Collaborative and excited to coach, mentor, and help others grow professionally
- Four to eight years of success in a rigorous environment, such as Global or Fortune 500 companies or consulting
We are accepting applications to all our Kearney offices. We are actively hiring at the following,
|Active hiring offices||Language||Visa/Work permit||Main practices|
|Middle East||English||Visa is provided||Government and Economic Development, Health, Energy and Process Industries, Communication, Media and Technology, Digital, Financial Services, Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Transportation, Travel, Industrial Products, Leadership & Change and Infrastructure|
|Singapore||English||Locals and PR are encouraged|
|Paris||Local||Private Equity, Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Transportation, Travel, Industrial Products, and Infrastructure, Financial Services, Consumer Industries and Retail Products|
|Madrid||Local||Must be EU citizens||Energy and Process Industries, Consumer Industries and Retail Products, Financial Institutions Group, HEALTH, Transportation, Travel, Industrial Products, OPS, DIGITAL/ANALYTICS|
|China||Local||Chinese national||Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Transportation, Travel, Industrial Products, and Infrastructure, Consumer Industries and Retail Products, Government and Economic Development, Financial Services, OPS|
|Japan||Local||Consumer Industries and Retail Products, Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Transportation, Travel, Industrial Products, and Infrastructure, Energy and Process Industries, Communication, Media and Technology|
|Australia||Local||Can sponsor but will delay start date||Communication, Media and Technology, Financial Services, Energy and Process Industries, Consumer Industries and Retail Products, Government/Defence, Aviation|
|Bogota||Local||Energy and Process Industries, Leadership & Change, Global Business Policy, Procurement, Operations and Perfromance Transformation|
|Sao Paulo||Local||Energy and process Industries, Operations, Automotive and Consumer Industries and Retail Products|
If you have any questions, please reach out to Kate Locke.
Application deadline is: Thursday 19th March, midnight CET
English plus local language for Europe and SEA- see description for full details