Marketing SpecialistFull-timeMiddle East & AfricaJohannesburg
Kearney is one of the leading global management consulting firms. We are looking for an experienced marketer to join our Middle East & Africa (MEA) marketing team as Marketing Specialist. Based in our Johannesburg office, you will lead wide-ranging marketing activity through regional and global brand engagement, practice marketing activity, alumni engagement and support recruitment marketing and social impact programs for the Africa unit.
The purpose of the role is to support and contribute to the regional marketing plan, with a focus on Africa. You will be responsible for leading the development of a strategic marketing plan and delivering effective marketing communication programs in support of building Kearney’s brand profile and prestige for key audiences, clients, alumni, recruits and media.
As the sole marketer supporting the Africa unit, the position requires a confident, hands-on marketer who can work autonomously, whilst collaborating virtually with regional and global marketing colleagues. You will work closely with the partner and consultant group in Africa and will have great exposure to many projects and practices to promote innovative business topics.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be strategic, creative, proactive, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You will be required to build relationships across all levels, including providing advice to senior stakeholders, to suggest new strategies, with a thoughtful awareness of market trends, to maximise the impact of marketing activity and boost brand awareness.
You’ll be rewarded with exposure to wide-ranging marketing activity regionally and globally, and a great opportunity to grow and develop the marketing function in Africa unit.
You will report directly to the MEA marketing director and work closely with the local sponsor partner for marketing and leadership team.
All applications must be submitted through the Kearney website to be considered. Please see the link to website at the bottom of this advertisement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Own and manage the planning and development of a strategic marketing plan for the Africa unit in collaboration with the sponsor partner for marketing and local leadership team
- Test marketing programs and demonstrate impact
- Lead, build and execute strategic marketing and communication activities and programs in Africa including Factory of the Year, the Mining Indaba, International Women’s Day, Africa Day and various panel discussions
- Build strategic, collaborative and “trusted advisor” relationships with senior leaders and inspire colleagues
- Collaborate with PR and Communications agency to support external brand building, profiling and prestige of leaders in Africa including providing content and coordinating direct media opportunities
- Manage the development, production and promotion of local marketing content
· Connect with regional marketers across the globe to tailor global programs and content locally
· Collaborate with in-house global creative, digital marketing, alumni, event and communications teams.
· Develop social media campaigns for Africa focussed initiatives
· Help to build social media supporters across the Johannesburg office to encourage employee advocacy.
· Maintain and refresh content on the Africa website to profile the latest content, campaign material and profile leaders
- Oversee production of events, supervising internal teams, agency/contractors
· Support the firm’s global alumni engagement strategy and DE&I initiatives in Africa
· Monitor local marketing activity spend and evaluate opportunities against budget
Skills and attributes:
- Effective collaborator, clear and concise communicator, with strong creative writing skills.
- Adept at building trust with senior stakeholders and establishing collaborative relationships across a matrix organisation .
- Strong project management skills, able to work independently and in teams to create, manage, and meet deadlines.
- Be able to assemble and coordinate a small ‘project team’ (made up of leaders, consultants, and executive assistants) to bring marketing activity & events to fruition
- Confident to collaborate with and manage and ideate with multiple stakeholders, including external vendors, local office staff and global functional teams to develop marketing content and execute campaign materials, digital marketing assets and organise high value events
- Good entrepreneurship and comfortable in a working environment where priorities often shift.
- Excellent Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
What We Offer:
- Stimulating and rewarding career progression.
- Attractive salary package.
- Market leading international training programs at the highest level.
- Competitive benefits package (life insurance, private healthcare coverage, and other benefits).
Kearney is a leading global management consulting firm. For nearly 100 years, we have been a trusted advisor to C-suites, government bodies, and nonprofit organizations. Our people make us who we are. Driven to be the difference between a big idea and making it happen, we work alongside our clients to regenerate their businesses to create a future that works for everyone.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-discrimination
Kearney has long recognised the value that diversity brings to our business and the clients we serve. Our goal is to create a climate of opportunity, innovation, and success within Kearney that capitalizes on the professional and personal diversity of our workforce. For these reasons, we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or genetic information consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices.
Qualifications and experience required:
- A university degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, or business
- 3-5 years proven experience in B2B marketing/communications, preferably in professional services, or other corporate institutions, or within an agency supporting professional services clients.
· Experience of developing marketing strategy
· Experience across online and offline marketing activities (digital, social media, thought leadership creation and managing events) including working with CRM and marketing automation systems
· Experience in planning, developing and implementing PR strategies
· Experience working and collaborating virtually, across an international team - preferable
· Experience working with marketing services teams, whether in-house or agency