2021 – Strategic Operations Consultant – Focus ManufacturingFull-timeEuropeBerlin, Dusseldorf, Munich, Vienna, Zurich
With over 60 offices in more than 40 countries, Kearney is one of the leading management consulting firms worldwide. Led by a strong Global Partnership, our employees make us who we are. Our clients include many Fortune 500, DAX and medium-sized global players. We are individuals who take as much joy from those we work with as the work itself. Driven to be the difference between a big idea and making it happen, we help our clients break through.
We are the operations and performance experts and understand business operations and supply chains from end to end—whether we’re talking planning, sourcing, production, or distribution. We also recognize that it’s not enough to find solutions for individual supply chain functions or problem areas. What’s needed are cross-functional transformations that look at the end-to-end supply chain in an integrated way. So irrespective of whether our clients are optimizing their supply chain management, building an AI-enabled planning capability, digitalizing their procurement functions, designing a factory of the future, adapting to omnichannel distribution needs, or simply aiming for an end-to-end supply chain transformation, we will make sure every part of our clients’ business is covered.
Our Strategic Operations Team is focusing on precisely these questions.
Are these topics yours? Then be part of our team.
What you can expect
- Top Management exposure at CXO level and high exposure to senior business stakeholders
- Work in a highly engaged, passionate and innovative environment
- Development and execution of value-capture strategies for manufacturing companies, in the actual manufacturing process and at the interfaces
- Design and improvement of manufacturing performance in the 4-walls and across plant networks
- Definition and development of clients’ operations organizations
- Application of digital understanding and tools for state-of-the-art manufacturing
- Building and promotion of leading-edge intellectual capital in the market
- A buddy and mentor program to support you
- A tailored training approach for each of your career levels
What we seek
- A master’s or diploma degree from a leading university, preferably as an engineer, or a technical or scientific degree with a manufacturing focus and with top academic results
- Relevant professional experience (2 up to max. 5 years), preferably as a management consultant or in an in-house consulting role. Preferably with background in one or several of the following industries: automotive, industrials, pharmaceuticals and/or consumer goods.
- A deep understanding of strategic operations, transformation, production processes and value engineering, as well as implementation and value capture in operations
- Experience in production/cost management, lean operations, and supply chain management
- Implementation and domain experience in digital manufacturing/Industry 4.0
- An innovative and collaborative approach to problem-solving combined with strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Strong project management and organizational capabilities
- Comfortable working in a team-based environment proven in international teams with multiple cultural backgrounds
- Eagerness to collaborate, coach, mentor, and help others grow professionally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at both senior management as well as shop-floor level
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English; other languages are an advantage
Equal Employment Opportunity and Nondiscrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and happy to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. Kearney aims to build diverse capabilities to help our clients solve their most mission-critical problems.
Fluent German language skills