2020 - Research Analyst - JKTFull-timeAsia PacificJakarta
Kearney Research Analyst Program (for Jakarta Only)
Kearney is a leading global management consulting firm with offices in more than 40 countries. Since 1926, we have been trusted advisors to the world’s foremost organizations. Kearney is a partner-owned firm, committed to helping clients achieve success.
What you can expect
- We work in a collegial way. As a research analyst, you will receive full and ready access to our firm’s best talent to help you quickly achieve your full potential.
- We value collaboration. You will work alongside team members who will help you grow as you help our clients solve their most important issues.
- We promise immediate impact and growing advantage. That promise holds true for both you and our clients. You will be able to make an impact and develop your potential from day one within a professional environment and culture that actively fosters personal development, entrepreneurial approach and a supportive environment.
About Research Analyst program
For undergraduates or advanced-degree graduates without previous work experience, the 1-year Kearney Research Analyst program is an outstanding introduction to the discipline of management consulting, offered to top graduates in Indonesia. Research Analysts learn and apply the fundamentals of management consulting as they identify, study and solve business issues across a wide range of industries. Upon successful development of core competencies, Kearney offers Research Analyst promotion to Business Analyst.
As a Research Analyst, you are able to contribute as a full member of the client team, where you will be involved in and expected to contribute ideas, opinions and new information. Working with experienced consultants, Research Analysts develop models, perform basic analysis and work on primary and secondary research assignments at both the office and client sites. Analysts travel while on assignments, undertaking a broad range of activities while gaining exposure to the business world. They may also support and participate in firm building and marketing activities, as well as business development work.
We emphasize career development, providing our consultants with ongoing feedback and helping them manage their careers. Our goal is to help our people be very successful throughout their career lifecycle. The scope of your consulting role will increase as rapidly as your performance warrants. Regardless of how long you stay with Kearney, the experience you gain and the relationships you develop will be with you throughout your career. Our flourishing global alumni network is a testament to our commitment to our people—and their commitment to Kearney.
Kearney offers individualized training to enhance your consulting knowledge and potential. Through projects and formal mentoring program, you will learn essential concepts and methodologies, with formal feedback and evaluation done every six months.
Research Analyst Contributions
At Kearney, no two client engagements are identical. Each requires unique insights and offers unique challenges. The following are examples of successful outcomes our Research Analysts have helped clients achieve:
- Supported senior consultants in conducting organization structure design, governance mechanism, and business processes for network, commercial, and support functions of a leading Telecommunication provider in Asia Pacific. Team made final recommendations on more than 4,000+ organization boxes, of which 500+ are middle to senior level management positions.
- Performed competitor benchmarking analysis and client’s internal capability assessment as part of designing the 5 year corporate strategy for a leading full service telecommunication provider in Asia Pacific. Team made final recommendations to management on various strategic initiatives to achieve an aggressive target of $100 Billion enterprise value in 5 years.
- Conducted an online and offline survey to assess customer preferences, as well as testing acceptance of the new product concepts, for a leading e-commerce company.
- Supported senior consultants in conducting B2B partnership candidate assessments, as well as developing partnership strategy for one of the biggest joint ventures between two leading full service telecommunication providers in Asia Pacific. Team made final recommendations to the client on how to manage the partnership in order to achieve $200 million revenue in 5 years.
- Conducted an external market analysis and strategic sourcing exercise for the largest port operator in Indonesia. Team saved more than 15% of client’s expense base along with improved service level agreements.
What We Seek
We are looking for talented problem-solvers who are ready to integrate as full members of the client team. Research Analysts are expected to contribute ideas, opinions, and new information. The following qualifications are preferred:
- Proven record of academic excellence, graduating with a non-MBA advanced degree or a bachelor’s degree
- Successful internship experience in a rigorous environment, such as a consulting firm or global multinational or Fortune 500 company
- Ability to work independently and as a team contributor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Forward-thinking and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English will be an asset
- Keen interest to work in Southeast Asia
Equal Employment Opportunity and Nondiscrimination
Kearney has long recognized the value that diversity brings to our business and the clients we serve. Our goal is to create a climate of opportunity, innovation, and success within Kearney that capitalizes on the professional and personal diversity of our workforce. For these reasons, we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or genetic information consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.