2021 - SOP AssociateFull-timeAsia PacificMelbourne, Sydney
Strategic Operations (SOP) - Associate
As a global consulting partnership in more than 40 countries, our people make us who we are. We take as much joy from those we work with as the work itself. Driven to be the difference between a big idea and making it happen, we help our clients break through.
What You Can Expect
- Individual and inclusive to our core. As an SOP Associate, you will receive full and ready mentorship from our firm’s best talent to help you learn, develop and make your contribution.
- Personal and practical. You will work alongside dedicated colleagues who will help you grow as you serve our clients by resolving their most important issues.
- We’re big enough to have global expertise, small enough to really care. This holds true for both you and our clients. You will be able to make an impact and develop your potential from day one within a professional environment and culture that actively fosters the following:
Personal development. At Kearney, we encourage you to be original. We give you the freedom to create while you learn, develop and make your contribution. The culturally rich, diverse backgrounds of our consultants have a direct impact on what our teams accomplish—a dynamic that has defined our culture for more than 90 years. We work on projects that produce powerful, transformative results for clients that last.
Entrepreneurial approach. The Kearney Associate is an outstanding stream leadership role within the discipline of management consulting. No two client engagements are alike, and we are committed to providing you with a hands-on support as you act as the lynchpin between Manager and the Delivery team that will have a positive impact on the rest of your career. Typical responsibilities include leading work streams, supporting teams, mentoring junior team members, leading the creation of models, ensuring complex analyses, and working across teams both in the office and at client sites across a wide range of industries. You will leverage our global scale and capability without compromising the speed and agility of our close-knit teams.
Supportive Environment. Training is a crucial component of your induction into the firm. As a SOP Associate, you will learn essential concepts and methodologies that are vital to performing as a management consultant. Your will work with a mentor who will guide you throughout your career.
What We Seek
Associates typically have a Master’s degree with a supply management concentration. Three to five years success in a rigorous environment, such as a global or ASX 50 company or consulting firm. Skills include:
- Excellent interpersonal and group facilitation skills. They have demonstrated success leading projects and working in a fast-paced environment. They enjoy working in teams and are committed to meeting/exceeding client objectives
- A proficiency in Internet technology and Excel/Access skills are necessary. Exposure to data analytics is expected
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- An innovative and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Natural self-direction, with the ability to operate in ambiguity and learn quickly
- Eagerness to collaborate, coach, mentor, and help others grow professionally
What You Can Expect
The career path for a SOP Associate varies with experiences and skills. It is one that is flexible and provides cross training to suit individuals, giving them the opportunity to build skills in other areas. A variety of roles are available for SOP Associates:
- Managing the overall strategic sourcing process for a category or category family from development through execution of RFI/P distribution, auction event or traditional negotiation, and post-auction/ negotiation follow-up
- Managing consortium supplier performance, including support and service, negotiations and management of supplier activities
- Develops and maintains intellectual capital to support the strategic sourcing and supply management process and other operations programs