2021 - Senior Marketing SpecialistContractorAmericasChicago
Senior Marketing Specialist
As one of the original firms, we’ve never lost sight of the fact that consulting is a people business. A global partnership in more than 40 countries, our people make us who we are. We’re individuals with different passions and strengths who take as much joy in the work we do as from those we work with.
The Kearney marketing team is made up of individuals passionate about people, brands, and the convergence of the two. Our marketing talent commands a nuanced combination of attributes: passion, creativity, expertise, and meticulousness, which, when combined, create innovative ways to reach and connect with the clients we engage. To work in marketing at Kearney means you are constantly learning, you are inspired to be part of what’s next, and you collaborate with a talented team.
About the job
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking candidates to lead end-to-end marketing for several practice areas for the Americas region, including strategy and execution of marketing campaigns inclusive of articles, conferences, events, video, social media, PR, and internal communications. The role aligns directly to the Head of Americas Marketing. The successful candidate will be responsible for industry-focused content development that supports account-based marketing, sales enablement efforts, and the customization of relevant industry campaigns. As a leader within the marketing function, this role demands an individual that is a creative thinker with a collaborative, confident working style, demonstrated digital competence, and the ability to lead rigorous measurement of program success.
The successful candidate will interact regularly with marketing managers and directors in the region and across the globe—and collaborate closely with the Head of Americas Marketing and digital, design, web development, and events teams. In addition, the candidate will build a close network of partners, principals and consulting managers—as well as firm leadership, requiring a distinguished level of executive presence. The candidate will be an experienced people manager, who enjoys coaching junior talent. This is a 6-month position with opportunity for extension; preferably based in Chicago once the team returns to the office.
Experience / Skills / Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will be a proven, self-directed marketing professional with an established track record of results in business-to-business or professional services marketing.
- Practice marketing is largely focused on advancing and publicizing thought leadership developed by Kearney partners and consultants. Therefore, it is essential in this role that the candidate is experienced and effective in developing marketing programs/campaigns and platforms based on business issues, trends, and insights.
- Consumer and retail, operations, or financial service industry experience a plus.
- Superior strategic thinking capability and program management skills are required.
- Analytical mindset which enjoys testing marketing programs and demonstrating ROI.
- Must have the ability to build strategic advisor relationships with senior leaders and inspire colleagues.
- Superior interpersonal skills and experience in matrixed, global organization is essential.
- Strong communication and writing experience considered critical.
- Experience with the following tools a plus: Vuture, InterAction, Hubspot, Workfront, Meltwater
- A minimum of five to seven years of marketing, communications, PR, or related experience in a global, business-to-business, professional services firm or communications agency.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and joyful to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. That’s why, Kearney is committed to building a diverse, unbiased and inclusive workforce. Kearney is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in consulting are encouraged to apply.