APAC Marketing & Business Development DirectorFull-timeAsia PacificBangkok, Beijing, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking candidates to lead strategic marketing and business development initiatives for APAC. The role aligns directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and Regional Business Head. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the development and management of focused strategic marketing programs for service and industry practices across the region. The objective of these programs is to firmly establish the firm’s brand identity and impact across key regional audiences and to enhance the firm’s business development objectives, especially across C-suite executives and decision makers within our Tier 1 client segment. Related responsibilities will include driving brand awareness campaigns, account-based marketing and campaigns creation, alumni engagement and activation, development of external advisor networks, regional brand partnership and media relations as well as strategic events. As a key member of the global Marketing Leadership Team, and regional APAC Leadership Team, this role demands an individual who; is a creative-thinker with the ability to influence stakeholders in a collaborative, informed and confident working style across a diverse region; demonstrates digital competence; has a strong network of external media contacts; is able to develop, coach and inspire a high performing team of marketers; and has a strong bias for action and the ability to lead rigorous measurement of program success and evolve these programs based on sound data analysis, insights and client feedback.
The successful candidate will manage a team of 6 (Beijing, Gurugram, Singapore, Melbourne, Tokyo and Jakarta) and interact regularly with marketing colleagues across the globe to share/leverage brand assets. In addition, the candidate will be expected to build a close network of partners, associate partners, principals and consulting managers to support success.
- An experienced and proven, self-directed marketing and business development professional with an established track record of results in business-to-business, preferably gained in professional services marketing
- Superior strategic thinking capability and program creation/management skills.
- Ability to articulate evolving priorities for the business as well as framing business strategies and strategic directions
- Proven results of establishing brand identity and creating impact through building brand awareness campaigns
- Experience in creating unique, informed, and engaging marketing concepts based on core business issues, trends and insights that translate into focused activation programs with stakeholder buy-in and participation at all stages.
- Design and delivery of successful client-facing programs including conferences, C-suite events and experience of setting up a Chapter of the APAC operations forum.
- Analytical mindset which enjoys testing marketing programs and demonstrating ROI
- Ownership and management of multiple communication and engagement programs, and ability to define best communication approaches
- Confidence and experience to build strategic, collaborative and “trusted advisor” relationships with senior leaders (both internal and external) and inspire colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in high energy matrixed, global organization is essential.
- C-suite background with extended communication and writing experience for this core target audience
- Natural passion for developing and selling their own recommendations, while at the same time also solicit, value and incorporate others’ input and expertise
- Mentor and develop team members to fulfill their growth potential, faster and more fully
- International experience, of APAC markets and mindset, with significant leadership experience
- Develop and drive a regional marketing plan whilst support unit led efforts
- Build brand identity which resonates with key audiences in regional markets across industries, to differentiate from competitors and trigger client conversations whilst support talent retention and acquisition
- Design and execute high impact, targeted, and inspiring marketing programs that fully leverage resources (people, time and money) and align with the firm’s growth strategy and business priorities
- Build and lead a high performing and inspired team
- Complex budget management and forecasting for the units and region
- Strategic talent mapping and resource planning, including of team and external freelance specialists and third-party supplier i.e. PR agency regional support
- Minimum University degree (in business, marketing, communications or related field)
- 15+ years of marketing experience
- 5+ years of professional services or similar marketing experience
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English required, additional languages beneficial but not essential