Strategic Operations Associate 2020
As a global consulting partnership in more than 40 countries, our people make us who we are. We’re individuals who take as much joy from those we work with as the work itself. Driven to be the difference between a big idea and making it happen, we help our clients break through.
We are seeking high-performing individuals to join our Strategic Operations practice at the Associate level. Strategic Operations towers include expertise within make, plan, deliver, and source.
What You Can Expect
- Individual and inclusive to our core. As an associate, you will receive full and ready access to our firm’s best talent to help you learn, develop and make your mark.
- Personal and practical. You will work alongside colleagues who will help you grow as you help our clients solve their most important issues – that’s just our style.
- We’re big enough to have it covered, small enough to really care. This holds true for both you and our clients. You will be able to make an impact and develop your potential from day one within a professional environment and culture that actively fosters the following:
Personal development. At Kearney, we encourage you to be yourself, and we give you the freedom to contribute creatively while you also learn, develop and make your mark. The rich, diverse backgrounds of our consultants have a direct impact on what our teams accomplish every day—a dynamic that has defined our culture for more than 90 years. Together, we work on stimulating projects that produce powerful, transformative results for clients, both now and in the long term.
Entrepreneurial approach. No two client engagements are alike. As an associate, you will work alongside our clients, rather than working on projects from a distance. Typical responsibilities include leading client and analyst teams, recommending and implementing actions that you create with colleagues, and writing proposals. We will nurture your entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on experience that will positively influence the rest of your career.
Contributions in the SOP Practice:
As a Kearney Strategic Operations Associate, you will be involved in every phase of a consulting engagement almost immediately, you will join a project team, work at a client location, share your ideas, and address CEO-level issues. In addition, candidates should have a passion for supply chain and experience in supply chain functions (e.g., generate and distribute RFP and auction reports, e-sourcing tools, demand planning, supply planning, inventory management, manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, procurement enablement and processes, including optimization of commercial areas – like marketing or sales). As part of your responsibilities you will:
- Gather and analyze data
- Support the development of overall strategies to improve the client’s supply chain and operations
- Conduct benchmarking and identify best practices and other competitor assessment studies
- Support with proposal development and lead clients and teams
- Recommend actions and help clients implement them
- Have opportunities to create intellectual capital
- Independently drive assigned workstream and provide timely, high-quality data deliverables with limited oversight
- Conduct workshops to generate and validate improvement ideas, perform analysis, support benefits estimation & documentation
- Create prioritized implementation plans and roadmaps to realize improvement opportunities
Supportive environment. Training is a crucial component of your introduction to the firm. A variety of opportunities, often led by our own best and brightest consultants, from managers to partners, will expand your consulting knowledge and allow you to explore new areas of interest. Our training approach also lets you meet and network with colleagues from across the region for an enriching experience. We take a tailored approach to performance management and career advancement, so your role grows as rapidly as your performance warrants. You will benefit from our global scale and capability, as well as from the speed and nimbleness of our close-knit teams.
What We Seek
There is no standard model for Kearney associates. We look for talented problem-solvers with intellectual curiosity who are ready to be active members of a client team. Associates are typically involved in every phase of an engagement, from pre-proposal research to final implementation. The following qualifications are preferred:
- A proven record of academic excellence
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- An innovative and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Natural self-direction, with the ability to operate in ambiguity and learn quickly
- Eagerness to collaborate, coach, mentor, and help others grow professionally
In addition, The SOP practice is seeking talented persons who have:
- An MBA or technical Masters degree (e.g.; Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Business)
- A mix of three to eight years progressive work experience at a Fortune 100 company in lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, maintenance production control, and cost estimation or have expertise in specific manufacturing processes (e.g., assembly, machining, packaging, electronics)
- Ability to be based or relocate to Washington D.C. or Detroit (preferably) though exceptions can be made for the Boston, Chicago, New York, Atlanta and Dallas areas.
- Willingness to travel within North America and work at client sites typically four days per week
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and joyful to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. Kearney aims to build diverse capabilities to help our clients solve their most mission critical problems.
Kearney is committed to building a diverse, unbiased and inclusive workforce. Kearney is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in consulting are encouraged to apply.