2020 - Global Financial AnalystFull-timeAmericasChicago
The Financial Analyst role is a part of the Global Financial Planning & Analysis team within Kearney. This position will assist in the preparation of financial reporting to our leadership committees and external parties. This position will be responsible for uncovering insights on firm performance including profitability of business units, value creation initiatives, and productivity focus areas. This role will also liaise with IT and business units as we migrate into new financial systems and support further integrations. Additional responsibilities may include financial modeling, support of M&A due diligence, cash flow and capital strategic planning.
What You Can Expect
- Preparation of various internal reports; develop working relationships with other finance professionals globally
- Provide quality analysis and reporting to senior leadership. Investigate variances to forecast from a functional expense and operating result perspective, recommend opportunities to improve profitability and highlight key areas of risk (e.g. economic, exchange rate)
- Work with internal business units and 3rd-party vendors as we migrate into new Treasury Management System and support ongoing transition into SAP
- Develop/enhance financial models for budgeting, forecasting and ad hoc analysis in support of the business using information from Hyperion, SAP, and other data sources
- Independently initiate reviews as needed; project management skills required
- Create and provide ad-hoc reports accurately, timely and in a concise and understandable format, as required
What We Seek
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance is required, MBA or CPA helpful.
- 2-4 years of related financial analysis or accounting experience required.
- Strong technical & computer skills; experience with SAP, Hyperion and MS office (Excel, PowerPoint) are required; experience with Treasury Management Systems is preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have experience in budgeting and financial planning within corporate finance or a business unit of a firm (management consulting or financial service firm helpful)
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills
- The ideal candidate will be a creative self-starter, with the ability to handle multiple and diverse projects in a team-based environment.
- Ability to apply mature business judgments in making decisions.
- Ability to dive into detail where appropriate to shape and understand key specifics: i.e., analyses, risks, decision arguments.
Occasional travel may be required
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and joyful to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. Kearney aims to build diverse capabilities to help our clients solve their most mission critical problems.
Kearney is committed to building a diverse, unbiased and inclusive workforce. Kearney is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in consulting are encouraged to apply.