2021 - Digital Marketing AnalystFull-timeAmericasChicago
Digital Marketing Analyst
As one of the original firms, we’ve never lost sight of the fact that consulting is a people business. A global partnership in more than 40 countries, our people make us who we are. We’re individuals with different passions and strengths who take as much joy in the work we do as from those we work with.
About the Role
Kearney’s Global Digital Marketing team is seeking a Digital Marketing Analyst. As part of the team, your role will be integral in continuing to expand Kearney’s internal digital marketing offerings. This will be accomplished through growing our capabilities, our internal stakeholder connections, and enhancing our traditional marketing model into a more digitally enabled, client focused operation. This role reports to the Director of Global Digital Marketing.
The Digital Marketing Analyst is responsible for deriving insights that help direct and implement strategies for marketing and business development activities. This role requires strong data and analytical skills, creative thinking skills, cross-functional collaboration skills, presentation skills, and problem-solving abilities. This role will not only support the success of our digital marketing campaigns and overall digital health, it will also be crucial to the success of our Account-Based Marketing program, which strives to identify and engage the right clients, with the right messaging, at the right time, so as to move them down their buyer’s journey.
In order to be successful in this role, you must have good working knowledge of Google Analytics, Microsoft Power BI, Excel, and other data analytics tools. You must possess sufficient analytical skills to independently structure and execute analyses, with guidance from the Digital Marketing Director, to support a range of digital marketing activities including performance reporting, identification of marketing qualified leads, and other client marketing efforts. Outstanding communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues is required. This position is based in Chicago and encourages candidates from Black/African American, Latinx/Hispanic, and Native American backgrounds to apply.
- Own development of Kearney’s client insights function, including the build and maintenance of an online portal.
- Lead implementation and merging of datasets between systems (CRM, Finance, Marketing tools and platforms, etc.)
- Conduct analysis to identify marketing qualified leads. This includes developing the overall process, gathering and analyzing the data, and creating recommendations for action.
- Conduct segmentation based on first-party and third-party data, combined with firmographic characteristics, to determine and recommend target audiences for marketing campaigns.
- Support the continued evolution of Kearney’s Account-Based Marketing (ABM) efforts to segment and identify potential clients. This includes measuring campaign effectiveness, tracking client lifetime value, and reporting on marketing impact.
- Develop and streamline reporting dashboards and analyses that monitor business critical key performance indicators (KPIs). Effectively communicate performance to campaign managers and senior leadership.
- Provide data-driven guidance and reporting to global marketers, consultants, and practice leads seeking analytics support.
- Support continued development of Kearney’s marketing technology stack to further automation and enable operational efficiency.
- Stay current on best practices in marketing analytics methodologies and trends
- Share knowledge and support upskilling global colleagues on analytics and reporting best practices.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to optimize marketing campaigns and channels: PPC advertising, social media, content, SEO, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing
- 2 to 4 years of digital marketing experience
- Data analytics expertise with hands-on experience making and testing hypotheses, prepping data, and drawing actionable insights. This includes synthesizing large datasets into key insights and effectively communicating findings to senior leadership
- Reporting expertise and hands-on experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting dashboard reporting solutions for marketing metrics.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Account Based Marketing
- Skilled in audience segmentation methodologies to support targeted marketing campaigns and Account-Based Marketing efforts
- Understanding and working knowledge of marketing automation tools
- Excellent project management skills, ability to work independently and organize workload efficiently
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Eagerness to learn and can-do attitude, willing to take on new projects and expand digital marketing capabilities
Preferred skills and tools:
- Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Data analytics (e.g., Python, VBA, SQL, Access, etc.)
- Data visualization (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Search Console. Google Tag Manager preferred but not required)
- Intent data (e.g., Bombora, MRPrelytx, etc.)
- Marketing automation (e.g., HubSpot, etc)
- SEO and SEO research / reporting tools (e.g., Ahrefs, SEMrush, etc.)
- Paid advertising analytics
- Social media analytics
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and joyful to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. Kearney aims to build diverse capabilities to help our clients solve their most mission critical problems.
Kearney is committed to building a diverse, unbiased and inclusive workforce. Kearney is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in consulting are encouraged to apply.