2021 - Risk and Compliance AssociateFull-timeAmericasChicago
Risk and Compliance Associate
As one of the original firms, we’ve never lost sight of the fact that consulting is a people business. A global partnership in more than 40 countries, our people make us who we are. We’re individuals with different passions and strengths who take as much joy in the work we do as from those we work with.
About the Role
The Risk and Compliance Associate will report to the company’s Assistant General Counsel – Privacy & Compliance. This is an outstanding opportunity to play a central role in a highly respected in-house legal function that encompasses risk management and compliance for a premier management consulting firm. The person in this role will play an integral part in continuing to build out the firm’s risk and compliance programs. The ideal fit for this role has unwavering drive, natural people skills, versatility and impeccable business acumen and professionalism. This position will be based in Chicago, Illinois and will require occasional but limited travel.
Corporate and Risk Management Responsibilities:
This role will manage the firm’s insurance program, including professional liability, employment, property & casualty, and other corporate insurance policies and will support the execution of risk management processes for the firm.
- Corporate Insurance
- Optimally structure and administer corporate insurance policies including professional liability, employment, property & casualty, and other corporate insurance policies
- Identify and evaluate changes in the insurance marketplace
- Lead insurance application process
- Represent the firm in discussions with underwriters
- Prepare and deliver presentations for senior management
- Investigate claims and manage claims process both internally and with carriers
- Manage the firm’s relationship with brokers and carriers
- Adopt continuous improvement model for insurance and risk financing program and drive changes accordingly
- Review subcontractor contracts to ensure minimization of risk and best risk transfer practices
- Review and advise on insurance requirements in client contracts, leases, and other agreements
- Coordinate and lead internal compliance investigations and conduct fact-finding on legal disputes
- Direct and manage the firm’s compliance with the firm’s Code of Business Conduct and other critical legal/ethical/risk policies and protocols
- Periodically review and update the Code of Business Conduct and other policies to ensure both continued relevance in providing guidance to firm personnel and conformity with changes in law (in conjunction with the firm’s in-house legal team)
- Maintain, oversee, and enhance firmwide compliance training program, in partnership with the firm’s learning team
- Keep abreast of best practices and emerging trends among other professional service firms and the broader business world and incorporate as appropriate into the firm’s compliance program
- Maintain and enhance centralized compliance recordkeeping system to retain institutional knowledge, ensure consistency and remain optimally prepared for any potential external inquiry
- Monitor and report results of the firm’s compliance efforts to the General Counsel and others in senior management
- Four to seven years’ relevant work experience in compliance, risk management, corporate insurance, insurance brokerage, underwriting, or as a paralegal
- J.D., M.B.A. or other graduate school degree in a relevant area of study preferred
- Highly analytical mindset with excellent financial skills; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office skills specifically in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to drive and manage processes from start to finish and to take ongoing ownership of firm functions with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Proven track record of effective decision making and the ability to function efficiently without close supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Professionalism, integrity, good judgment and an innate sense of ethics and fairness
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines with a positive attitude and calm presence under pressure
- Ability to balance medium/long-term project management with responsiveness to multiple and ad hoc requests, while maintaining a strong sense of purpose
- Eager to learn new tasks, master them quickly and enable the learning of others
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and joyful to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. Kearney aims to build diverse capabilities to help our clients solve their most mission critical problems.
Kearney is committed to building a diverse, unbiased and inclusive workforce. Kearney is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in consulting are encouraged to apply.