2021 - Associate / Manager EnergyFull-timeEuropeBerlin, Dusseldorf, Munich, Vienna, Zurich
With over 60 offices in more than 40 countries, Kearney is one of the leading management consulting firms worldwide. Led by a strong Global Partnership, our employees make us who we are. Our clients include many Fortune 500, DAX, private equity investors, and medium-sized global players. We are individuals who take as much joy from those we work with as the work itself. Driven to be the difference between a big idea and making it happen, we help our clients break through.
Helping Energy clients to conquer the challenges and disruptions of liberalization, rapidly changing markets, upcoming new competitors, new regulations, and disruptions caused by the energy transition and digitalization has been the primary mission of our Energy team over the last years.
Key focuses of our work include portfolio strategy, innovation of products and solutions, strategic transformation, digitalization of customer interfaces and processes, organizational set-up, excellence in operations, efficiency, and holistic change programs.
Together with our Energy Transition Institute, we are thought leaders for the most important aspects of a quickly changing industry: Be it the impact of global decarbonization policies on all elements of the value chain or the exciting opportunities of Smart City solutions and digitalization – we are helping to shape the future of energy and infrastructure.
Are these topics yours? Do you have a passion to shape the future of our energy supply? Then be part of our team.
What you can expect
- Top Management exposure at CXO level and high exposure to senior business stakeholders
- Work on exciting projects in a highly innovative, digital, and passionate environment
- Design of holistic transformation programs enabled by digitalization
- Long-term portfolio strategy for renewables players
- Market entry strategies for globally operating funds to identify energy targets
- Transaction support, e.g. for M&A projects, pre-/post-acquisition processes, and carve-outs
- Benchmarking studies for all elements of the value chain (onshore wind, PV, transmission and distribution grids, etc.)
- Sales strategies for new products and solutions
- Design of Smart City strategies for municipalities
- Implementation of advanced analytics solutions, e.g. in sales, maintenance and other areas
- Execution of innovation programs as part of a holistic strategic realignment
- Design and implementation of a holistic change plan for each phase of the transformation
- Responsibility for your own workstream (on Associate level) or the role of responsible project lead (on Manager level) for a large-scale transformation project.
- A buddy, mentor and training program to support you at each of your career levels
- Benefit from our sabbatical programs to pursue private targets (e.g. world travel, doctoral thesis for Associates)
- Take advantage of our flexible mobility package as add-on to your compensation
What we seek
- A master’s or diploma degree from a leading university, preferably engineering, natural sciences, business administration, economics or IT with top academic results
- Relevant professional experience (2 to 6 years), preferably as a management consultant, part of a strategy team or in an in-house consulting role.
- A strong passion and curiosity for all energy-related topics
- An innovative and collaborative approach to problem-solving combined with strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Excellent project management and organizational capabilities
- Comfortable working in a team-based environment proven in international teams with multiple cultural backgrounds
- Eagerness to collaborate, coach, mentor, and help others grow professionally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at senior management
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English; other languages are an advantage
Equal Employment Opportunity and Nondiscrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and happy to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. Kearney aims to build diverse capabilities to help our clients solve their most mission-critical problems.
Fluent German language skills