2021 - Data Manager (Hoptek Inc.)Full-timeAmericasAtlanta
Who are we
As a global consulting partnership in more than 40 countries, our people make us who we are. We’re individuals who take as much joy from those we work with as the work itself. Driven to be the difference between a big idea and making it happen, we help our clients break through.
Kearney is building a new and exciting global software organization that will make software technologies and software products a vital part of our value propositions to our clients. This first of its kind initiative, called Hoptek Inc., aims to solve complex network optimization problems. One such problem is the real-time allocation of assets to freight in a large transportation network to increase asset utilization, on-time delivery and overall fleet productivity. The career opportunities will range from leading innovative projects and doing advanced software algorithms research and development for our core clients to building entirely new software platforms started on the IP foundation we are accumulating.
The Hoptek Inc. team is rapidly growing and is looking for a Data Manager to join the team and play a critical role in the development of a portfolio of products which will have a significant transformative impact for our clients and the industries we serve.
The Data Manager will assume responsibilities for data architecture, design and operation for complex graph and relational data schemas used across Hoptek Inc. products.
- Architect, design, implement and maintain all data models and schemas across the product
- Establish and maintain guidelines and conventions for modeling, collection, storage, transformation, use and archival of all data used in the product
- Own all data management processes, tools, and best practices for design, requirements gathering, coding, testing, deployment and maintenance of data products
- Establish and maintain data standards for communication across applications layers of a modern n-tier application
- Develop systems, policies, procedures and protocols for data management
- Ensure that all data management protocols are in compliance with regulatory standards
- Assist team members in performing data-related tasks including design, documentation, creation, consumption and archival
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ of experience across a variety of complex software product development efforts including SaaS applications
- Proven experience as data manager and data architect
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies including graph databases, relational and non-relational databases
- Strong understanding of data modeling and schema design
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of network architectures, security, and troubleshooting of connectivity or latency issues
- Experience with open-source tools and frameworks
- Software Skills. Data modeling tools, database design tools, relational databases, graph databases, MySQL, PostgreSQL, TigerGraph, GSQL, Python
- Cloud. Azure, AWS
- Agile, DevOps. Azure DevOps, Jira or similar solution for requirements management, productivity management, testing, CI/CD, etc.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, computer architecture, information technology and systems, or other appropriate technical subject from a top tier university
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and joyful to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. That’s why, Kearney is committed to building a diverse, unbiased and inclusive workforce. Kearney is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in consulting are encouraged to apply.