Administrative Assistant - 2023 - Kearney Public Sector & Defense ServicesFull-timeAmericasArlington, VA
Administrative Assistant - 2023 - Public Sector & Defense Services
As one of the original firms, we’ve never lost sight of the fact that consulting is a people business. A global partnership in more than 40 countries, our people make us who we are. We’re individuals with different passions and strengths who take as much joy in the work we do as from those we work with.
About The Role
We are seeking a diligent, organized Administrative Assistant to join our administrative team. The Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative service and specialized project support for consultants/administrative professionals, consultant teams, or an administrative department as assigned, act as point person for multiple projects, and participate as an integral part of the administrative team. This role will be based out of our Arlington, VA office, with a hybrid virtual/onsite work arrangement.
- Strong administrative skills; ability to provide support at all levels
- Produce accurate, properly formatted, typed, and proofread documents and correspondence under normal and tight time constraints
- Perform administrative duties: arrange travel, meetings and luncheons; set up conference calls, video conferences; maintain an itinerary of assigned staff, and other related tasks
- Maintain travel itineraries and manage expense reimbursement process to ensure accurate and timely submission
- Provide general support: process mail; create and maintain file systems; copy, bind, and fax documents; update, process, and distribute records, files, etc.
- Maintain working knowledge of firm organization (i.e., geographic and departmental staff members), establish internal and external network
- Interface with internal research and library resources
- Collect and maintain reference materials (i.e., articles, clippings, Internet information, annual reports, etc.)
- Follow firm policy on confidentiality and protection of property; Handle sensitive information with appropriate discretion
- Attend meetings; record, type, and distribute minutes accordingly
- Develop and deliver financial, statistical reports and analysis as needed
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Provide telephone coverage: answer internal and external calls; take messages; follow up on voice mail recordings within 24 hours; refer callers to appropriate party
- Act as liaison to coordinate and follow through on the completion of requests to other departments/parties
- Assist team members and visitors, and provide additional back-up assistance as requested by Office Manager/Manager of Support Services
- Proficient in English (spoken and written)
- Excellent knowledge of business communication
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Service-oriented and team player; displays positive “can do” attitude
- Trouble-shooting skills; ability to identify problems and provide solutions
- Work well under pressure; detail-oriented; strong multi-tasking and organizational skills; proactive
- Comprehensive knowledge of core company applications and technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- High School diploma and additional training and experience, including extensive computer usage, minimum; College degree and/or supplemental course work at university level preferred
- 2-3 years relevant administrative experience
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Kearney prides itself on providing a culture that allows employees to bring their best selves to work every day. Our people can feel comfortable, confident, and joyful to do great things for our firm, our colleagues, and our clients. That’s why, Kearney is committed to building a diverse, unbiased, and inclusive workforce.
Kearney is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in consulting are encouraged to apply.