2021 - Risk Management InternIntern/TraineeAmericasChicago
As a global consulting partnership in more than 40 countries, our people make us who we are. We’re individuals with different passions and strengths who take as much joy in the work we do as from those we work with. Over the years we’ve fostered a culture in which we are united by shared values—passion, solidarity, generosity, curiosity, and boldness—and these come alive in the work we do and how we do it.
Together, we know our people are our difference—for our clients, our colleagues, and our communities. That’s why we take pride in being individual and inclusive and create a place where everyone can bring their full self to work.
About the Role
Kearney is looking for a highly motivated, full-time risk management intern to support the risk management team. This individual will engage in all parts of the risk management cycle by supporting the enterprise risk management, risk control, and risk financing efforts for a global organization. The final project for this internship is developing a Total Cost of Risk dashboard using dynamic data visualization tools. To succeed in this role, you will need to be curious, self-motivated, and highly organized. The role will require you to present data-driven recommendations and develop materials that help the business navigate risk. The role requires strong analytical skills and an ability to tailor communications to a variety of audiences. This is a 12-week position based in Chicago.
As a Risk Management Intern, you will work as a valuable member of our team, responsible for work that will leave a lasting impact on the department and the firm. You will have an inside look to the corporate insurance, enterprise risk management and compliance processes that support a global organization. You will interact with individuals all over the world and will enhance Kearney’s understanding of its risk profile while growing your own skillset.
- Work with insurance brokers and internal stakeholders to gather and explore data sources that will improve the business' ability to navigate risk
- Build an interactive dashboard to communicate Total Cost of Risk and empower executive-level decision-makers
- Assist with Enterprise Risk Management annual reporting, including qualitative and quantitative analysis of top risks
- Support day-to-day risk management efforts by reviewing contracts, researching and distributing information, and coordinating certificates of insurance
- Participate boldly in team meetings and brainstorms
- Students entering their junior or senior year who are curious to explore careers in Risk Management & Insurance will be considered
- Coursework in Risk Management and Insurance required, coursework or experience in business analytics a plus
- Must be able to work 35-40 hours per week during the summer
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to visualize data and tailor to different audiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Willingness to learn and develop fluency in new online platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Teams); Experience with Microsoft Power BI or Tableau a plus